Apple Cider Vinegar also known as ACV, to me, is almost a miraculous product for the amount of uses it has and the tremendous benefits it offers. Have you ever used it? If so then you know what I am talking about. Well maybe you will learn some other uses or benefits from reading this and, hopefully others who have not yet experienced Apple Cider Vinegar will discover it’s wonderful benefits and start using it regularly. One hint that I will give you upfront is to get the version that is sold with what they call “the mother” in it. Not sure exactly what that is but it means that you’re getting the best quality so opt for this instead of the watery looking version sometimes sold. You may need to visit a natural health store or order it online.
Apple Cider Vinegar is used both internally and externally for different purposes. Take note, however, that If you take it internally between your meals or before you go to bed, you should always rinse out your mouth with clear water in order to avoid any extended contact with the enamel on your teeth, as this could have harmful long term effects.
So let’s have a look now at 7 amazing uses for Apple Cider Vinegar;
1. Indigestion/Diarrhea/Nausea/Constipation – apple cider vinegar is so effective in healing any of these conditions. You simply take an 8oz glass and fill it 1 teaspoon of honey, 2 to 3 teaspoons of ACV (apple cider vinegar) and the rest is warm water. Mix them together and sip this concoction. Within a half hour. sometimes less, you will start feeling better and notice the symptoms going away. I’ve even given this to my toddler, followed up with warm ginger ale to help cover the taste. Some actually love the taste of this, but I’m not a fan. Ever heard the saying “It tastes so bad it has to be good for you”? That definitely applies in this case, at least in my opinion.
2. Acne Blemishes – helps to reduce infection as well as reduce the inflammation. It is like a natural antibiotic. Combine 2 tablespoons of the vinegar with 8 ounces of water and dab it on to the blemishes using a cotton ball. Do this gently a few times each day and you should see results quite quickly.
3. Immune Booster – apple cider vinegar contains so many properties that are beneficial to our good health. It contains enzymes, antioxidants, phytochemicals, beta carotene and much more that help to protect our bodies from harmful toxins. This can help with cancer prevention and other potentially life-threatening diseases.
4. Bone Health – As a result of its mineral content (magnesium.calcium,silicon and phosphorus) ACV helps to protect against Osteoporosis by helping to sustain bone mass.
5. Blood Pressure – With a combination of honey and apple cider vinegar you are getting high potassium from each. This helps to maintain your blood pressure within recommended healthy limits. Magnesium is another substance present in both of these wonderful products and magnesium helps with blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessel walls allowing the blood to flow more freely.
6. Lowering Cholesterol – researchers believe that the pectin found in the apple cider vinegar, which is water soluble fiber, actually absorbs cholesterol and fats in your body and helps your body to eliminate them. Amino acids that are in apple cider vinegar help by neutralizing the harmful LDL cholesterol thus protecting your body from high and bad cholesterol.
7. Sore Throat Remedy – you can gargle (but be sure not to swallow as the apple cider vinegar is removing toxins from your mouth as you do this) with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar to get relief from a sore throat.
There you have 7 of many uses for apple cider vinegar. It also helps with burns or bruises,sunburns, urinary tract infections, hemorrhoids, gout, yeast infections, weight loss, shingles, morning sickness and so many more. Now perhaps you see why I think it is nothing short of miraculous. Get yourself a bottle of the best apple cider vinegar you can find and benefit from its multiple uses.