Asthma can happen to anyone but is more common among children and young adults. This is a serious condition so must be dealt with and not taken lightly. It can lead to hospitalization and even death.
The usual symptoms of asthma include;
1. Wheezing and shortness of breath
2. Tight Chest or chest pain
4. Difficulty sleeping affected by lack of ability to breathe properly
Sometimes asthma attacks come on when the person is also having an allergic reaction to something. Other times you can experience an asthma attack for non-allergic reasons. (Some of the usual suspects with an allergic asthma attack are mold, pollen, dust, chemicals, smoke, pollution or drugs.)
Herbal remedies can help strengthen the immune system which helps to ward off asthma attacks.
Let’s look at some natural remedies for asthma that might work for you;
1. Diet – Certain foods have been found to aggravate asthma patients. Some of these are shellfish, meat and egg yolks so avoiding these would be advisable.
2. Evening Primrose Oil / Borage Oil – these provide GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) which helps to inhibit Arachidonic acid which has proven to cause inflammation. You will get the same effect if you take Omega 3 capsules once they have EPA (eicosapentanoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid).
3. Fruits & Vegetables – Apples in particular seem to help with asthma. Carrots, tomatos and green leafy vegetables also have proven helpful.
4. Bromelain – this is an enzyme that comes from pineapples and has proven anti-inflammatory effects. People with allergies to pineapples should not take this supplement.
5. Boswellia – This herb has proven effective to assist with difficulty breathing and the reduction in the actual number of asthma attacks a person has. You can find this in pill form online as well as in natural health stores.
6. Vitamin B6 and B12 – Help to decrease the inflammation in the lungs.
7. Pau D’Arco – this is a natural antibiotic which reduces inflammation.
8. Mullein Oil Tea – helps to clear respiratory congestion. (Here’s an easy recipe for Mullein Tea; Add 1 -2 teaspoons to boiling water. Let it steep for approximately 10 minutes then drink.)
So there you have 8 natural remedies for asthma that you can try. Here are some other remedies for you. Look below for additional resources as well.
Where possible avoid drugs as these typically have long term harmful side effects.
Also be sure to post a comment about what worked for you or if you know of any other natural remedies not listed here please feel free to share them here with others who are part of our community. Thanks for sharing.
Take the time to find the help and the natural treatment you need, and you’ll be able to get on with your life and enjoy it to the fullest. You deserve to be happy and healthy and pain-free.
To Your Optimal Health,