Teenagers are the usual victims of acne as it is a side effect of the hormonal changes taking place in their bodies. Some adults also have bouts of acne. Whether in a teenager or an adult it is an embarrassing condition to deal with and can also be painful in some cases.
So let’s look at some natural ways of dealing with this condition;
Acne is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles. The evidence of acne is usually found on the face, back, neck, chest and shoulders. Some cases of acne are milder than others.
Unfortunately the time of our lives when acne usually is prevalent is when we are most subconscious about our appearance and it can be emotionally and socially debilitating since it is such an embarrassing condition.
Acne can be characterized by the visual presence of blackheads, pimples, scars and small superficial sebaceous cysts.
Acne in adults is more often the result of poor dietary habits. We are what we eat and if we are eating junk, eating at the wrong time of day and generally not looking after ourselves we tend to get acne as a result.
Acne can also be caused by unhealthy living habits such as not washing our hands and face regularly.
Here are some natural remedies for dealing with Acne:
- Lemon Juice – This would not be lemonade but the concentrated form of lemons or the juice of a lemon that your squeeze and apply directly to the affected areas.
- Garlic – With this remedy you can apply the garlic by rubbing it on the affected areas or by eating some raw cloves of garlic ( if you can handle it) or by taking it in supplement form. Garlic is a natural blood cleanser so helps keep the acne at bay.
- Orange Peel – Some swear by this remedy where you simply rub the inside of the orange peel onto the affected areas.
- Cucumber – This remedy calls for you to apply the cucumber slices to your acne areas for at least 15-20 minutes to have any effect. Also helps with aging so for the adults suffering with acne this is an added benefit.
- Zinc – This mineral has shown dramatic results in the treatment of acne and can be found in pill form so it is easy to take as it requires no down time where things that have to be applied to the acne affected spots do.
- Epsom Salts – This therapy has proven very effective and is used in the bath. You take a hot bath with Epsom salts a few times each week. This causes you to sweat which releases toxins built up in your skin.