How to avoid overeating 💪💪💯
What’s going on, guys? Today, I’m talking about overeating and how you can help prevent it.
To be honest, we, as humans, tend to overeat. It’s a normal thing. We enjoy food!
The biggest thing I want you to take from this is that you can ALWAYS get back on track after overeating.
Don’t beat yourself up and don’t feel guilty. Just move on to the next day and just keep on keepin’ on.
Some big tips I can give to you are
1) Prioritize protein. Protein is a macronutrient that helps keep us full. If you were to have some greek yogurt with berries, it will keep you more full rather than just having a bowl of cereal due to the high protein content!
2) Eat more nutrient dense foods. If you are struggling with overeating, maybe it is because you are not making the best choices when it comes to the foods you are eating. If you eat foods with nutrients, your body will take note of that and you will feel more satisfied. Fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc.
3) Eat slowly. If you quickly rush your eating, you will not enjoy the food and you will finish the food so quickly! Try to take your time with your meal when you can. This will help you and you won’t be so inclined to reach for more food.
4) Eat without distractions. If you focus on the meal and just the meal, you will be more satisfied. Sometimes if we are on our phone or watching Netflix, we can get lost in the episode or video we are watching and keep eating. You feel me?
5) Don’t have trigger foods around or at the home. Think about it. If you don’t have cookies or chips around the house, you can’t eat them. Now, I’m not saying you can’t enjoy some every now and then, but if you are truly finding that you can’t control yourself around certain foods, just don’t have those foods around.
6) Have an actual plan. This is a big one. If you have an actual plan, you will be more inc