Fat loss checklist
. by @vatcheshakarian
If you are trying to lose fat, here are some major keys that you should be on the lookout for.
These tips helped me on my weight loss journey and I think they can help you out too!
1) Be in a calorie deficit. This means burning more calories than you consume. Find your maintenance TDEE number, and subtract 500 from that. That is a great start for fat loss. Aim for 1-2lb of fat loss per week. (Obese or very overweight individuals can lose a little bit more than that)
2) Eat enough protein. When we lose fat, we want to make sure that we are just losing fat and trying to keep as much muscle as possible. Eating enough protein (.8g-1.0g of protein per lb of bodyweight) should be more than enough for the average individual. Protein helps us maintain and grow muscle.
3) Exercise regularly. Exercising can help expedite your fat loss progress if you burn more calories. Also, having more muscle on your body will allow you to consume more calories. Exercise can help boost metabolism.
4) Be patient ! When it comes to fat loss, you want to lose all your fat instantly. I know, everyone does. But, we have to remember that fat loss is a process and we cannot rush great results. So, make sure you trust the process and keep pushing. Over time, you will lose fat and you will be proud of yourself in the future. Just hang in there!
5) Get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep can really help with fat loss. If you don’t get enough sleep (6-8 hours a night), your grhelin and leptin hormones will change, and those hormones help control hunger levels.
The combination of low leptin and high ghrelin is likely to increase appetite. In other words, short sleep might stimulate appetite, which increases weight.
6) Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are high in fiber, nutrients, and vitamins. They are also low in calories so you can eat a great amount of them. When we eat chips and cookies, we are hungry shortly after. Why is that? Well, its