Chickpea Burgers by @wearesovegan
TAG-SAVE-SHARE with someone that loves their burgers
Follow @KshamicaMD for MOREEE
2 cups frozen peas (defrosted)
2 tbsp mint sauce
2 x 400g tins of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
2 cups breadcrumbs
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
oil for frying
vegan garlic sauce
5 burger buns
1. Soak the frozen peas in hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Add the peas, mint sauce, chickpeas, onion, sunflower seeds, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse the mixture until it reaches a rough consistency. Avoid processing the mixture too much because it will be harder to shape into patties.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and mix together until everything is fully combined, then shape the mixture into 5 evenly shaped patties. If the patties aren’t quite holding their shape, simply add more breadcrumbs until they reach a firm enough texture.
4. Add a little oil to a frying pan. As soon as the oil is hot, add 2-3 patties to the pan at a time and fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until they become golden brown.
5. Build each burger by spreading 2 tsp of garlic sauce on the bottom of a burger bun, then add a small handful of rocket, 1 patty, 2 tsp of tomato chutney, 2 slices tomato, 2 rings red onion and top with the remaining half of the bun
#veganburger #tastyvegan #veganrecipes #veganrecipe #vegetarianburger #healthy #recipevideo #recipevideos #veganmeat #vegandinnerideas #vegandinner #plantbasedrecipes #plantbasedrecipe #plantbaseddiet #vegana #vegan #vegansofig