Are you one of the millions worldwide who suffer from back pain? Almost everyone, at some stage in their lives, experiences back pain. It can be very debilitating as we rely on our backs for support to do the most basic functions of our lives.
Back pain can be caused by many things so it is important to rule out more serious possible causes before you look to try to treat your back pain with natural remedies on your own. Back pain symptoms vary greatly in location and the type of pain you experience. It is these factors that help to diagnose the underlying cause of the symptoms.
Back pain can sometimes radiate to other parts of the body, affecting the neck or one or more of the limbs. The pain can be dull or sharp, and sometimes the affected area can also feel slightly warm. Back pain can also sometimes cause weakness and numbness.
Some possible lower back pain causes, or upper back pain causes can be;
1. Herniated disc
2. Spinal Stenosis
5. Muscle Strain
7. Bad Posture
8. Lifting something too heavy
9. Maintaining an awkward position for too long
10. Making an awkward sudden movement
11. Slipped disc
Back pain is actually a symptom, rather than a disease. The treatment for your back pain will, of course, depend on the cause.
Here are some natural remedies for upper and lower back pain treatment;
1. Lower back pain exercises – your abs support your lower back so strong abs are crucial in preventing lower back pain. You should try to do some abdominal strengthening exercises every day if you suffer with lower back pain.
2. Hot bath – sit in a hot bath for as long as possible as this helps to soothe sore backs
3. Avoid Physical Strain
5. Avoid stress
6. Diet – if your are overweight or obese, you will have to work on dropping some of that weight. Make sure to include fresh fruits and vegetables into your daily diet. In addition, eating more proteins and complex carbohydrates is good to add to your diet for back pain. The proteins are necessary in order to build up your back muscles, and the carbohydrates provide the efficient source of energy that your muscles need when you exercise.
7. Exercise – again, if you need to lose some weight include an exercise regimen into your daily routine. Depending on how badly your back hurts you may want to begin with swimming which will put less stress on your back than pretty much any other type of exercise.
8. Acupuncture – has proven very effective for back pain treatment.
9. Yoga – yoga therapy has also had good results in treating back pain
10. Capsaicin – Capsaicin is the active ingredient in chili peppers. It has an analgesic effect in blocking pain.
11. Vitamin D – some back pain is a result of Vitamin D deficiency. The easiest and best way to get Vitamin D is from exposure to sunlight, however you can get it in supplement form or by eating certain foods such as milk, cereal and small bony fish.
12. Vitamin B12 – has also been found to be helpful in reducing back pain.
13. Magnesium – this is involved in so many of our bodily functions, one of which is keeping bones strong.
15. Therapy – actually many types, there is music therapy, muscle therapy and others that have proven effective in back pain treatment. Have you ever tried a back inversion table? Check them out. Apparently reversing gravity can also help with back pain whether upper or lower back pain.
16. InflammaGo™ – InflammaGo Benefits:
* Reduces joint pain and stiffness due to arthritis
* Relieves inflammation in muscles and joints
* Improves mobility and flexibility
* Helps relieve sports injuries, as well as muscle and joint fatigue
* Assists healing after over-exertion and physical stress
Look below this post for additional resources to help you get back pain relief.
Be sure to post a comment about what worked for you or if you know of any other natural remedies not listed here please feel free to share them here with others who are part of our community. Thanks for sharing.
Take the time to find the help and the natural treatment you need, and you’ll be able to get on with your life and enjoy it to the fullest. You deserve to be happy and healthy and pain-free.
To Your Optimal Health,